School Mission Statement (Vision)
Archbishop of York’s Church of England Junior School recognises each child as an individual. Through an open culture of respect and self belief, we aim to deliver the highest possible quality of education based on a foundation of Christian values and practice.
School Aims, Ethos and Values
- Archbishop of York’s Church of England Junior School is an inclusive school that fosters a sense of pride and belonging.
- We appreciate each child’s individuality and strive to develop their potential to its fullest extent.
- We aim to encourage our children to become life long, independent, self-motivated learners who aspire to achieve their full potential both within and beyond the curriculum.
- Our broad, balanced and creative curriculum encourages our children to ask questions and develop lively, inquiring minds in a stimulating environment.
- We aim to establish and maintain a strong team spirit, which enables everyone associated with our school to work collaboratively and to share knowledge and understanding.
- Through the Christian ethos of the school we want our children to develop the social skills and moral values that will help them become proud, responsible, understanding and caring members of our school and wider society.
- In our school community we endeavour to lay the foundation of respect and appreciation for others celebrating and encouraging individuality.