Loss and bereavement Resources and Guidance
- If you or someone you know is gravely affected by the coronavirus outbreak, please read the 'Support for the bereaved' - information provided by the government to help bereaved families, friends or next of kin make important decisions.
- Bereaved Children Support York will currently not be meeting for their monthly drop-in sessions or parents coffee but they can be contacted using their social media platforms on Facebook ,Twitter or email.
- Child Bereavement UK: Information on supporting pupils with issues surrounding bereavement.
- Camhs: supporting pupils with emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Cruse Bereavement Care: a range of resources that can help you to navigate your own loss or to support someone else’s. They offer support for those who have been bereaved by the virus, or who are dealing with a bereavement and struggling to do this on alone. The helpline 0808 808 1677 is available Monday-Friday 9.30am-5pm (excl. bank holidays), with extended hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, until 8pm.
- St. Leonard’s Hospice: trained volunteer staff who are offering bereavement support
- The local HealthWatch: produced a Mental Health Support Directory, with a range of information about support offers (on page 24)
- CYC: Details of support available on the CYC website
- The local Major Incident Response Team offers bereavement support, as well as a range of other support available online
- North Yorkshire Local Resilience Forum: an information leaflet, which signposts support available for those requiring funeral services and bereavement support during the pandemic.
The following websites have created specific resources to help people bereaved during coronavirus:
Loss and bereavement – resources to support children and young people